zondag 24 augustus 2014

1999 Tomy Pull Back Toy Pikachu and Charmander




A lovely toy released in 1999 by Tomy. These toys are about 5 centimeters high. They have a pull back system inside them, so whenever you move them backwards, they launch themselves forward. When they move, Charmander moves it's tail up and down while Pikachu moves it from side to side. (Note that my Pikachu is missing it's tail, so it only moves his stump around.) The tail is also his most fragile part, so be careful. I also found out there was a Squirtle released, as shown below.


Also I don't think Squirtle can move it's tail, since Squirtle originally lacks one, but I am not absolutely sure. When it comes to rarity, these toys are quite vintage, but not that rare. You can buy them in original packaging on Ebay for $12. Used they're worth around $5.

Do you know more about this toy? Please let me know!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten